How can you place a bet using FanDuel’s Parlay Builder? We’re here to explain everything about how it works.
Everyone loves a good parlay!
They’re fun, they combine multiple games and outcomes, and best of all they offer opportunities for jackpot payouts.
So it’s exciting to see mobile sportsbooks offering more and more options for parlay wagering. The same-game or one-game parlay was first, with users able to combine different outcomes or events within a single game into a parlay wager. The approach has been so successful that at FanDuel, they’re now offering a Parlay Builder that allows bettors to access numerous prop markets used to build single-game parlays!
Sounds confusing? Don’t worry – we’ll explain!
What is FanDuel Parlay Builder for the NFL?
FanDuel’s Parlay Builder takes the most popular ‘prop’ wagers and puts them in one tab within the sports’ options for easy wagering.
We’ll use the NFL as an example (although MLB Parlay Builder is also available – more on that in a minute).
- Open the FanDuel App on your mobile device. If you don’t yet have an account at FanDuel, just click here to sign up.
- Log in to your account.
- Go to the top navigation menu and click on the NFL logo.
- In the top menu, the second or third option should be “Parlay Builder”.
Now, you’ll be on the Parlay Builder page with the options laid out in front of you. For every Week of the NFL, the following Parlay Builder options are available:
- Anytime TD Scorer (pick a player to score a touchdown at any time during his game)
- To Score 2+ TDs (pick a player to score two or more touchdowns during his game)
- First TD Scorer (pick the player who will score the first touchdown in a particular game)
- Alt Spread Parlay Builder (these bets allow you to move the point spread in either direction. Example: Pittsburgh is a 5.5-point underdog against Cleveland, but Parlay Builder allows you to bet on Pittsburgh at any number up to +29.5 – at decreased odds, of course.)
- First Quarter Spread (who will cover the 1st quarter point spread in a given game?)
- First Half Spread (who will cover the 1st half point spread in a given game?)
Yes, all these wagers are available in the main navigation NFL menu. But with Parlay Builder, you can combine ALL the players you like to score a touchdown into one parlay – and do it all with just a few clicks.
Examples of Parlay Builder Bets – Let’s Build!
The “Anytime TD Scorer” option is at the top of the parlay Builder menu, and it’s safe to assume these wagers are the most popular among those listed.
So let’s build an “Anytime TD Scorer” parlay wager using the Parlay Builder. Simply click on the option within the App, and the games are listed in chronological order.
For this example, we’ll use five players from early Sunday games in week 3 to build our parlay (remember, the player must score a touchdown at ANY time in the game. If you choose a quarterback, throwing a TD pass does not count – your player must cross the goal line with the ball):
(Player, Team, Current Odds to score a TD)
- Lamar Jackson, Baltimore Ravens: +115
- Stefon Diggs, Buffalo Bills: +120
- Alvin Kamara, New Orleans Saints: -115
- Jonathan Taylor, Indianapolis Colts: -165
- D’Andre Swift, Detroit Lions: -135
Once you’ve selected all your players, go to the Betslip. At the bottom of the screen will be an option for “5 Leg Parlay” (or whatever number of players you’ve selected.) Place your desired wager amount in the first box, and the App will show you the amount you stand to win in the second box.
For our particular wager above, a $100 bet would return $2,373 if all five players score at least one touchdown.
Other Options with FanDuel Parlay Builder
If you’re feeling especially daring, you can build parlays using the different options within Parlay Builder.
For example, if you want to bet Jonathan Taylor to score a touchdown in the Indianapolis Colts vs. Kansas City Chiefs game and bet the Baltimore Ravens to cover the -1 first-half spread against the New England Patriots, you can build that wager within the Parlay Builder. That hypothetical wager pays $207 for a $100 bet.
The main benefit of Parlay Builder is that all these options and potential bets are available in one spot on the App, rather than navigating from game to game. All the TD Scorers, all the first-half spreads – they’re listed in one spot.
What Is FanDuel Parlay Builder for MLB?
Need to get some parlays in during the week in between NFL Sundays? There’s always MLB. FanDuel has you covered with the MLB Parlay Builder, offering the following markets:
- To Hit a Home Run (player hits a home run during the game)
- 1st Inning Winner (three options for the 1st inning: home team wins, away team wins, tie)
- To Record 1+ Hit (player gets at least one hit during the game)
- To Record an RBI (player drives in at least one run during the game)
- 1st Half Moneyline (who wins the first five innings, home team or away team? All ties lose)
- 1st Half Total Runs (over/under lines for the first five innings)
- Player Performance Double Parlay Builder (Bet on a combination of a player’s performance and his team to win the game. Example: Max Scherzer to Record 7+ Strikeouts, and New York Mets win)
- Over/Under 0.5 Runs 1st inning (basically, will either team score in the first inning?)
Like the NFL, you can stack several players/outcomes from one category, or mix and match. For example, on September 20, a parlay of Pete Alonso to hit a home run and Freddie Freeman to record an RBI paid $727 on a $100 bet.
What Sports are Available for FanDuel Parlay Builder?
So far, only NFL and MLB are showing Parlay Builder as an available betting option.
No word yet whether FanDuel plans to offer Parlay Builder for the upcoming NBA or NHL season, or the 2022 FIFA World Cup later this fall. We’d definitely recommend they do – Parlay Builder makes a good thing even better with convenience and simplicity!