A step-by-step guide to getting your very own Borgata Play+ Prepaid Card and how to use it most effectively as a Borgata customer.
Prepaid cards are quickly becoming one of the most used methods of depositing and withdrawing funds at online casinos and sportsbooks in the United States.
As a result, all of the household names synonymous with sports betting and casino have released their own branded prepaid cards. FanDuel, DraftKings, BetMGM and Caesars are just four of the big names that offer their own prepaid cards.
But you’re here to read about another one of the big brands that now has its own prepaid card – Borgata!
The Borgata Prepaid Card is actually a Play+ card. Play+ is a type of prepaid card that makes it super easy and quick to manage your funds online. The card can be used wherever Discover® is accepted.
So, let’s jump straight into how you can get your own Borgata Prepaid Card today, and then how to actually use it.
How To Get a Borgata Prepaid Card
You can easily get your hands on a Borgata Prepaid Card via your Borgata Casino or Borgata Sportsbook account online. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Log in to your Borgata account via the website or app. If you haven’t got a Borgata account then sign up here.
- Navigate to the ‘Deposit’ area of your Borgata account and select the ‘Play+’ option for funding your account.
- Verify your mailing information, including your SSN and address for identification purposes, then click ‘enrol’.
- You are now a registered Play+ member! You will be sent a personalized Borgata Prepaid Card within 14 days of first funding your account using this method.
How to Use Your Borgata Play+ Prepaid Card
Ok, so now your card is on its way to you in the mail. Now it’s time to actually use it.
There are two ways to use your Borgata Play+ Card – online or physically.
Using the Card Online
As already discussed, all you need to do is select the Play+ option when depositing into your Borgata account online. This will allow you to choose a value and load up your account virtually.
Using the Card Physically
It goes without saying, you can use your Borgata Prepaid Card when visiting Borgata Casino in-person too. This gives you an alternative to withdrawing cash at the casino cage.
If you win while at Borgata Casino, you can even withdraw your winnings at nearby ATMs. It is definitely a convenient payment method when it comes to using Borgata’s services.
Benefits of Using the Borgata Prepaid Card
Convenience really is key when it comes to using a prepaid card. Here’s what makes the Borgata Prepaid Card the perfect payment buddy:
- No fees for depositing funds
- Withdrawing funds is almost instantaneous
- Make purchases at participating stores with the card
- Bypass any bank restrictions on deposits and withdrawals
- Bridge the gap between online and in-person play at Borgata
- Get your cash in hand from your prepaid card via a nearby ATM
Advantages of Using the Borgata Prepaid Card
One word keeps jumping out at us – convenience. That’s the first major benefit of using the Borgata Play+ Card to fund your wagering and withdraw any winnings that you receive.
Here are the main benefits:
- There are no fees for depositing funds
- The process of withdrawing money is almost instant
- You can bypass any bank restrictions on deposits and withdrawals by forwarding funds to your Play+ account
- You can get your cash in hand by visiting a nearby ATM with your prepaid card
- Other purchases at participating stores can be made using your Borgata prepaid card
- Seamless transitions between gambling in-person and online