BetRivers.com and PlaySugarHouse.com provide us with a full betting preview ahead of the 2020 World Series.
The Dodgers were the odds-on favorite (+375 ML) to win the World Series since before the season began, and will enter Game 1 receiving 75% of total bets to win the World Series. The Rays were also among the top five teams in terms of championship handle from the start of the season until now.
Dodgers vs. Rays was the third-most bet-on matchup of World Series finalists behind Dodgers vs. Yankees and Dodgers vs. Twins.
Game 1 of the 2020 World Series takes place at 8:09 p.m. ET on Tuesday, October 20. The early money is backing Rays ML with 70% of the ML handle, but 64% of the spread handle is on Dodgers -1. Over 8 runs is currently backed by 54% of the O/U handle.
World Series Game 1 Odds:
- Moneyline: Dodgers -162, Rays +138
- Spread: Dodgers -1 (-110), Rays +1 (-108)
- Over/Under: Over 8 (-112), Under 8 (-107)
Mookie Betts is both the odds-on favorite (+800) and betting favorite (41% of total bets) to win World Series MVP honors. His Dodger teammate Cody Bellinger is currently second with 15% of MVP bets. Rising Tampa Bay superstar Randy Arozarena is the top Rays player in terms of total MVP bets.
World Series MVP Odds:
- OF Mookie Betts, LAD (+800)
- P Tyler Glasnow, TB (+900)
- OF Randy Arozarena, TB (+1000)
- P Clayton Kershaw, LAD (+1000)
- 1B/OF Cody Bellinger, LAD (+1200)
- P Walker Buehler, LAD (+1200)
- SS Corey Seager, LAD (+1200)
- P Charlie Morton, TB (+1500)
- 1B/3B Max Muncy, LAD (+1500)
- P Blake Snell, TB (+1500)
- C Will Smith, LAD (+200)
- OF AJ Pollack, LAD (+2500)
- 3B/SS Justin Turner, LAD (+2500)
- 2B Brandon Lowe, TB (+2800)
- OF Austin Meadows, TB (+2800)
- SS Willy Adames, TB (+3000)
- 3B Joey Wendle, TB (+3000)
- OF Manuel Margot, TB (+4000)